Connected Beginnings’ organizational vision is for all children to have access to the social, emotional and behavioral support they need, enabling them to enter elementary school socially and emotionally healthy and ready to learn. Connected Beginnings’ objectives in reaching that goal are to:
- Improve and expand high-quality, evidence-based training and coaching to equip infant and early childhood professionals with the knowledge and skills to nurture children’s social/emotional well-being; prevent emotional and cognitive disruption; and intervene with positive behavioral support when it is needed;
- Train and support highly engaging early childhood professional trainers and coaches;
- Engage in systems design, policy advocacy, and research focused on children’s social/emotional health within the context of relationships;
- Provide early childhood professionals pre- and in-service training programs focused on building confidence, competency, and capacity in promoting social emotional wellness and productive parent engagement;
- Work across sectors, creating innovative, state-of-the-art programming.